- Not a member yet?  Sign Up!

Night time protien shakes/old article but great info

Discussion in 'BLUE RIDGE PHARMA' started by Mountain-Man, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man BRPHARMA RepVendor Rep

Forman
    I drink a casin shake every night for past 20 years

Mercola also mentions in another video to avoid whey isolate saying that it doesn't get absorbed correctly and can cause damage from build up. I haven't found further information on that yet.

This Fitness Food Helps Improve Your Post-Exercise Recovery

By Dr. Mercola

A recent study looked at the role of protein in modulating post-exercise overnight recovery.

The researchers assessed the impact of protein ingestion immediately prior to sleep on digestion, absorption kinetics, and protein metabolism on 16 healthy young males.

The participants were asked to perform resistance exercises at 8pm in the evening.

At 9pm, all participants ate a recovery meal consisting of 20 grams of protein and 60 grams of carbs.

Then, 30 minutes before they went to bed, half of them drank a high-protein beverage. According to the authorsi:

"During sleep casein protein was effectively digested and absorbed resulting in a rapid rise in circulating amino acid levels which were sustained throughout the remainder of the night.

protein ingestion prior to sleep increased whole-body protein synthesis rates and improved net protein balance...

This is the first study to show that protein ingested immediately prior to sleep is effectively digested and absorbed, thereby stimulating muscle protein synthesis and improving whole-body proteinbalance during post-exercise, overnight recovery."

Tags:
    aldodupaul, BIGVNYC and BigJH like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Night protien shakesForumDate
    Hope everyone set there clocks back last nightBLUE RIDGE PHARMANov 4, 2018
    3 vials your choice contest runs till 4/30/18 midnight.United GearApr 16, 2018

3. BigJH

BigJH Active Member

Work hard
    Awesome read brotha..But I have been doing it the other way for 15 years !! May need to try this out. I always drink a protein shake right after workout.. Go home shower then eat before bed?

BIGVNYC likes this.
  4. BIGVNYC

BIGVNYC Super-ModeratorStaff Member

I always practiced this. And when i wake up during the night i would have a Isopure.
    I always said you grow in your sleep ....

Mountain-Man likes this.
  5. BigJH

BigJH Active Member

Work hard
    Shit brotha ,I drink so much water my but has to get up so many times already..I drink a shake during the night I would probably have to sleep standing up at the toilet !!! Lmbo

BIGVNYC likes this.
  6. BigJH

BigJH Active Member

Work hard
    BIGVNYC ,,,,I probably need to cut down on the mix amount of water..Down to 6,7 oz are so.. I always mix with to much water 22oz are more..

BIGVNYC likes this.
  7. BIGVNYC

BIGVNYC Super-ModeratorStaff Member

I am sure everyone had those day's they woke up looked in the mirror and said wtf happened to me over night i look swole big and ripped .

BigJH likes this.
  8. Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man BRPHARMA RepVendor Rep

Forman
    Great protien I get the 5 lb buckets for my wife I think it's one of the best you can get
    And middle of the night keeping that nitrogen in your system stops your fasting and saves a ton of muscle

BIGVNYC likes this.
  9. Aton

Aton Super-ModeratorStaff Member

I’m easy I go both ways lol.

I find when I’m cutting cals down casin at night helps slow down the muscle catabolism.

But when I’m bulking I’ve got so much extra cals going in using either form of protein isn’t that huge of deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BIGVNYC likes this.