- Not a member yet?  Sign Up!

Desperately need help with understanding this F@&king bitcoin thing.

Discussion in 'Off Topic - news, sports, etc' started by pitshack, Jun 12, 2017.

1. pitshack

pitshack Member

Ok guys, here's the deal. I wanted to put in a little order with private label to try them out. I've heard some grumblings that western union and money gram are starting to become a hassle, so i figure, let me jump into the 21st century here and do this bitcoin thing because all the sponsors are offering it and seem to prefer it. Bitcoin huh, how hard can it be?? Well, to me it's like advanced fucking calculus because i just can't figure this shit out. I just spent the last hour trying to set up a wallet and purchase bitcoins. I managed to set up the wallet pretty easily.

On the other hand the buying the bitcoins themselves, WTF!! I just don't get it. Places won't let you use a credit card or paypal?? How am I supposed to buy these damned things, with puppy dog tails and unicorn farts!!! After trying several different places and setting up passwords and all this other bullshit, nothing. I know you can buy them at ATM's but that seems like another hassle itself. I'm dying here guys, I just want to be hip like all the cool young kids, lol. I'm just gonna leave this here and go to bed and hope for some enlightenment from some folks on the board because if I look at this screen any longer I'm going to have an aneurysm. Thanks!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Desperately need helpForumDate
    Need some tren a and npp.Members TradeSep 18, 2018
    Tren out of the question.!? NPP could be what you need.Purity Source LabsSep 14, 2018

3. G_nome76

G_nome76 Active Member

Sling wood
    I still have not figured it out. Seems impossible if your not in a major city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. traumajunkie

traumajunkie Well-Known Member

I don't get it either. And then sometimes they freeze your account--- so you slowly build money up and BAM you can lose

Fy

G_nome76 likes this.
  5. Servertech

Servertech Guest

rarely does this happen and it can happen with wu, money gram, pay pal everything

6. traumajunkie

Yes- but I don't leave money sitting in any of those.

Fy

7. traumajunkie

I wish they'd just take venmo LOL

Fy

8. pitshack

pitshack Member

Is coinbase a good place to use? I don't really plan on keeping much extra in my wallet, I figured I would buy enough bitcoin for the purchase and leave it at that. This is all very confusing, I guess I'm just not that smart. I think I'm just going to bit the bullet and use moneygram.

9. traumajunkie

When I was trying to set it up you could only "buy" $60 at a given time. If you have a $1000 order it can take a while. Unless you're by the ATMs it'd be difficult

Fy

10. jozifp103

jozifp103 Vendor RepVendor Rep

try libertyX and bread wallet. If it's in your area its the easiest way hands down. There's like a $1000 limit per day for buying which is plenty. Download the LibertyX app on your phone and it will pull up all the nearby locations. Just show up with cash and give the cashier your libertyX code and the BTC will be instantly transferred to your bitcoin wallet. Bread wallet works the best with this app. My guy is right down the street and I've created a good relationship with him. All I do is send him money via paypal and text him my libertyX code and I have the coins in 5 mins.

11. traumajunkie

What is liberty x and breadwallet? Why are there two apps? Do they link? Or is the app liberty x and it's called a breadwallet?

Fy

12. pitshack

pitshack Member

You're on the mark servertech. I got a credit card verified with coinbase in minutes. I just placed an order with private label using bitcoin via coinbase and it was easy as hell!!! Plus 15% off the order, which was just a bonus. Coinbase was so easy to use even I was able to use it no problem, and I ain't so tech saavy, lol.

Servertech likes this.
  13. Servertech

Servertech Guest

told ya bro ')

pitshack likes this.
  14. jozifp103

jozifp103 Vendor RepVendor Rep

LibertyX is the app that you link to your BreadWallet. So libertyX will show you the locations of the bitcoin vendors. You go to the nearest one with cash....LibertyX will generate a code that you give to the clerk and in 5 minutes the bitcoin goes into your BreadWallet.
    The issue I've had/seen quite often with coinbase is they disable your account for no reason. It's happened to me twice and the first time happened when I hadn't used it for over a year. Granted...I used it to buy gear....but it's supposed to be somewhat anonymous and encrypted but they shut it right down and the reasoning was suspected misuse illegal/banned substances.....something along those lines. But it happens to people who use it for legitimate reasons too. Problem is...once you sign up you have to verify your identity so it's difficult wo make another account when your identity has been banned.

15. Servertech

Servertech Guest

monero a def go for security

16. Vfusion

Vfusion AdministratorStaff Member

I'm currently invested in Ethereum, buy when its low, sell when its high, easy way to profit, also easy to lose if the market crashes.