- Not a member yet?  Sign Up!

Balance in life

Discussion in 'Off Topic - news, sports, etc' started by rogueamerican, Jul 8, 2017.

1. rogueamerican

rogueamerican Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just wanted to see how you guys balance your schedule when life gets busy? My wife and I just had out second child not 3 weeks ago. Another boy born on June 19th healthy and happy.

With a new born, 6 year old that we are celebrating his birthday party today, working long hours doing manual labor, taking care of our 87 year old grandma, and still making time for the wife and I. Sometimes I feel guilty being gone for 2 hours a day at the gym when I don't go in the morning. But I need it, more than anything, it is what keeps me sane, healthy, and happy. I feel it's better for all parties that I go and relieve life's everyday stress.

What else do you guys do to not be stressed out when life is chaotic? My wife and I have been away from our 6 year old for not even a week for the whole 6 years and now with a second I think we need more gym time and time with each other. A week vacation is needed but not always easy with a new born and bills, plus not a lot of family around to babysit. What do you guys do and your thought.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Balance lifeForumDate
    Can we make your life 30% easier? Look, we just did...Purity Source LabsOct 6, 2018
    Anabolic hormones =longer life?BLUE RIDGE PHARMAAug 22, 2018

3. traumajunkie

traumajunkie Well-Known Member

Well- mine are older so they tolerate. But today we are at the beach. My oldest wants to learn to so surf. Bought some boards and we are trying. LOL that'll be our balanceView attachment 994

Fy
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogueamerican likes this.
  4. rogueamerican

Ahh I miss living by the Ocean!! Sounds like a very good time! I'm jealous!

5. monster-ish

monster-ish Member

When life is stressful, the gym is definitely my therapy. In fact it just keeps me sane in general. I'm able to get out all of my frustrations and stress of whatever may be going on. When I leave I'm usually clear minded and in a great mood

6. BIGVNYC

BIGVNYC Super-ModeratorStaff Member

I Always worked a 4 to 12 shift i always trained while kids where in school usually at noon but my day's off where always devoted to my family.....

7. I don't train that much. So I have no guilt. I don't have any children with my current wife although she does have two that are very bonded to me ages 10 and 14. I see my two boys ages 10 and 13 as much as possible. It's very hard because their mother is not easily dealt with so I try to make sure that they meet me outside when I pick them up. Also my other two kids are older so my daughter lives in the apartment downstairs from her mothers house and my son he's a floater. I try to see him a couple times a week because I don't want him to end up messed up. Now back to the original question ,sorry I got off tracked. Me and my wife would try to plan lunch together on her day off or if I am around during her lunch break or whatever cause she makes her own hours basically. After her children are In bed we always take an hour or two and watch TV together and talk about our day. On the weekends we usually would do something as a family for a couple hours. We try to go out to supper or some type of event once a month minimum and either get a babysitter or now that her daughter is 14 and has a cell phone we are allowed to go and do things at night for a couple hours and the kids feel safe and they are safe at the house and if they don't feel safe they just call me come home because we stay around the area. You have to have some time away from the children so you and your wife can bond and not start to grow apart or anything it's a must. Also it's a must that you do stuff as a family to make everybody included. I never said I was perfect or this is exactly how we do things this is what we try for. And when you have kids you really cannot guarantee a plan because someone could get sick or anything is possible at the last minute. Also a healthy sex life is definitely needed for closeness and other reasons. If you need a personal counselor private message me and I will take you on as a client I have a few openings
    ***** I do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes or do any drugs and life can still be very exciting it's all in what you make of it !!!
    Marijuana is legal here but I choose not to smoke I see no point in it I've been there done that for years.

8. dsgym

dsgym Well-Known Member

Hell I'm 24 I've been convinced I don't need balance .

I started a new job somewhat recently. Working 11-12 hour shifts, either 7am-6:30pm, or 4:30pm-4:00am.

On the early shift days I hit the gym an hour after I'm out of work then go to sleep. On the late shift days I get home at 4:15am, eat and sleep, hit the gym then go back to work.

I'm looking into getting some guns and spending days off at the range to give me something besides gym work gym work.

9. rogueamerican

Exactly my friend, that's a good balance, we just need to start a routine where we go out more. It's kinda like the gym, if you don't have a routine it doesn't happen or you don't get into that normal daily routine. I will have to get on your schedule brother!

10. rogueamerican

Guns are a great hobby! I build AR's for friends and family. You ever have a question about ARs hit me up, I know enough about most other pistols as well I've owed about 25 different pistols and more rifles.

dsgym likes this.